Have a preloved item of furniture that could be given a second home?
We accept second hand furniture in a good, clean and re-usable condition.
At Bright Sparks our aim is to divert furniture and other household items (white goods, small electrical, bric-a-brac and crockery) from landfill which can then be reused by residents across London. Soft furnishings must have appropriate fire safety labels attached and intact. We ask, where possible, that you take a photo of the items you would like to donate and attach them to the collection booking form.
The Collection Service
- Items will be collected on your booked day.
- 30 minutes to one hour before your time slot you will receive a telephone call or text to let you know we’re on our way.
- Items will be collected from inside your home. We are able to collect from the second floor and below. We can collect from higher floors if there is a working lift which is big enough to accommodate the item.
- It is your responsibility to make sure that your personal property and any surfaces are protected from damage.
- All routes through your property that will be accessed during the collection will need to be clear of any obstacles.
- Our collection staff will not remove items through any windows in your property.
- Collection staff will have Bright Sparks photo ID and a copy of your collection booking.
- If you want to donate working domestic white goods or smaller second hand items such as bric-a-brac, children’s toys and boxes of books then they will need to be collected with furniture items.
- Items will be taken at our driver's discretion and we do not collect single items.
- All white goods must be disconnected and emptied.
Items we do not accept
- Fridges, freezers or fridge freezers
- White goods that are over 10 years old and/or not in good cosmetic condition
- Broken, stained, ripped or torn items