We are looking to recruit a Store Manager, who’s driven, leads their team by example and who’s looking for a new challenge in a growing social enterprise committed to promoting reuse and waste minimisation. You will possess exceptional customer service, managerial and organisational skills, have the ability to work well under pressure and have competent IT skills. The successful applicant will become part of an energised team delivering an outstanding service.
POST: Store Manager
CONTRACT TYPE: Permanent / Full Time
SALARY: £23,000 - £25,000 per annum
RESPONSIBLE TO: CEO
LOCATION: Finsbury Park, N7
CLOSING DATE: 14th May 2021
APPLICATION: Please send your current C.V with covering letter (no more than one side of A4) outlining why you are suitable for the post to email@example.com
Early application is encouraged as we will review applications throughout the advertising period and reserve the right to close the advert early.
PLEASE NOTE YOU WILL NOT BE CONTACTED IF YOUR APPLICATION IS UNSUCCESSFUL.
BASIC OBJECTIVES OF POST:
As Store Manager, you will be responsible for the day-to-day running of the store, ensuring you hit the set sales targets whilst your team is delivering exceptional customer service experience.
You will also be responsible for workplace health and safety standards and for the security of the building and stock.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
As our Store Manager your responsibilities will be but not limited to:
- Delivering excellent customer service.
- Motivate, organise and encourage teamwork within your team to ensure sales targets are met or exceeded.
- Merchandising and stock control.
- Tracking sales figures, budgeting and forecasting future sales.
- Working with your team to investigate service failures, and develop, implement and monitor appropriate corrective and preventive action.
- Maintain high standards of health and safety, hygiene and security in the work environment by actively promoting a safe working environment and practises.
- Producing weekly, monthly and quarterly performance reports.
- Having a clear understanding of the Company's policies and vision and how the Store contributes to these.
- Perform duties in a flexible, helpful, proactive and positive manner and contribute towards the general development of the team and service.
- To uphold and further our equal opportunities policies and to deliver effective and appropriate services fairly and without discrimination.
- To be part of a team who work together providing a clean and safe environment for members of the staff, volunteers and the public.
- As directed, undertake training as required in order to carry out the duties of the post in an informed, efficient and effective manner.
- To wear appropriate clothing that reflects the image of the company.
- Clean DBS certificate.
- Undertake all other reasonable duties associated with the post.
Experience, Skills and qualities:
The right person will be an experienced Store Manager, motivated to deliver and a quick learner. Other required skills & qualities include:
- Honesty and Integrity.
- At least one year of store management experience.
- A demonstrable track record of achieving sales targets.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Good numeracy skills and an understanding of basic finance and budgeting.
- People management skills, including the ability to inspire, lead and motivate a team of people, delegate work and explain ideas.
- Initiative and decisiveness.
- Experience of Shopify would be advantageous.
- IT skills, particularly Google Business Suite or MS Office.
SUPPORT and TRAINING:
- Fire Marshal and First Aid training provided.
- On-the-job training and support as required.
- From time to time you will be asked to attend training to update skills or to comply with policy changes.