We are looking to recruit a Warehouse Manager, who’s driven, leads their team by example and who’s looking for a new challenge in a growing social enterprise committed to promoting reuse and waste minimisation. You will possess exceptional customer service, managerial and organisational skills, have the ability to work well under pressure and have competent IT skills. The successful applicant will become part of an energised team delivering an outstanding service.
POST: Warehouse Manager
CONTRACT TYPE: Full time
SALARY: £25,000 - £28,000
RESPONSIBLE TO: CEO
LOCATION: Finsbury Park, London, N7
CLOSING DATE: 15th May 2021
APPLICATION: Please send your current C.V with covering letter (no more than one side of A4) outlining why you are suitable for the post to firstname.lastname@example.org
Early application is encouraged as we will review applications throughout the advertising period and reserve the right to close the advert early.
PLEASE NOTE YOU WILL NOT BE CONTACTED IF YOUR APPLICATION IS UNSUCCESSFUL.
BASIC OBJECTIVES OF POST:
As our Warehouse Manager, you'll be responsible for a vital part of our operations, you'll manage people, processes and systems in order to ensure used and new goods are received and dispatched appropriately, and that productivity targets are met.
You will also be responsible for workplace health and safety standards and for the security of the building and stock.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
As our Warehouse Manager your responsibilities will be but not limited to
- Responding to and dealing with customer and supplier communication by email and telephone
- coordinating and monitoring the receipt, order, assembly and dispatch of goods
- using space and mechanical handling equipment efficiently and safely
- having a clear understanding of the Company's policies and vision and how the warehouse contributes to these
- managing stock control
- organise the recruitment and training of staff, as well as monitoring staff performance and progress
- motivate, organise and encourage teamwork within your team to ensure productivity targets are met or exceeded
- produce regular reports and statistics on a daily, weekly and monthly basis
- maintain high standards of health and safety, hygiene and security in the work environment by actively promoting a safe working environment and practises
- coordinate and supervise safety training
- work with your team to investigate service failures, and develop, implement and monitor appropriate corrective and preventive action
- coordinating drivers, vehicles, loads and journeys
- oversee the planned maintenance of vehicles, machinery and equipment
- where appropriate, oversee the maintenance and operation of warehouse management systems and automated storage and retrieval systems.
- Perform duties in a flexible, helpful, proactive and positive manner and contribute towards the general development of the team and service.
- To uphold and further the Company’s equal opportunities policies and to deliver effective and appropriate services fairly and without discrimination.
- To be part of a team who work together providing a clean safe environment for members of staff, volunteers and the public.
- As directed, undertake training as required in order to carry out duties of the post in an informed, efficient and effective manner.
- To wear appropriate clothing that reflects the image of the Company.
- Clean DBS certificate..
- Undertake all other reasonable duties associated with the post.
Experience, Skills and qualities:
- Previous Warehouse manager experience (minimum 1 year).
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Numeracy and an understanding of basic finance for stock management.
- People management skills, including the ability to inspire, lead and motivate a team of people, delegate work and explain ideas.
- Team working skills.
- Planning and organising skills to effectively manage the flow of stock.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Initiative and decisiveness.
- Technical and IT skills, particularly Google Business Suite or MS Office
- Problem-solving skills and the ability to work on a tactical and strategic level.
- The ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- A flexible approach to work.
- Knowledge of the legal requirements of operating a warehouse.
- Competent driver with valid licence (advantageous)
- Physically able to undertake the various lifting and sorting tasks.
- Warehouse or Health & Safety qualifications.
- Knowledge and understanding of health and safety regulations.
SUPPORT and TRAINING:
- Fire Marshal, First Aid training provided.
- On-the-job training and support as required.
- From time to time you will be asked to attend training to update skills or to comply with policy changes.