- Are you interested in re-use and repair?
- Would you like to work in that sector?
- Are you looking for your next Supervisor Position? This could be the role for you!
- Full time
- £25,000 a year
- 28 days annual leave (inclusive of bank holidays)
- 3% Pension Contribution
BASIC OBJECTIVES OF POST:
As our Warehouse Supervisor, you will drive daily performance of our warehouse by delegating tasks, providing direction and feedback for team members, training new starters, and feeding back about the team's performance.
You'll also be responsible for workplace health and safety standards and for the security of the building and stock.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
As our Warehouse Supervisor your responsibilities will be but not limited to
- Opening & Closing the warehouse.
- Managing the flow of goods in and out.
- Using space and mechanical handling equipment efficiently.
- Having a clear understanding of the company's policies and vision and how the warehouse contributes to these.
- Managing stock control.
- Leading the onboarding and training of new team members.
- Motivate, organise and encourage teamwork within your team to ensure productivity targets are met or exceeded.
- Maintain records, report relevant information and produce reports as required.
- Maintain high standards of health and safety, hygiene and security in the work environment.
- Coordinating drivers, vehicles, loads and journeys.
Perform duties in a flexible, helpful, proactive and positive manner and contribute towards the general development of the team and service.
To uphold and further the Company’s equal opportunities policies and to deliver effective and appropriate services fairly and without discrimination.
To be part of a team who work together providing a clean safe environment for members of staff, volunteers and the public.
As directed, undertake training as required in order to carry out duties of the post in an informed, efficient and effective manner.
To wear appropriate clothing that reflects the image of the project.
Undertake all other reasonable duties associated with the post.
Experience, Skills and qualities:
- Previous Warehouse Supervisor experience.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Numeracy and an understanding of basic stock management.
- People management skills, including the ability to inspire, lead and motivate a team of people, delegate work and explain ideas.
- Team working skills.
- Planning and organising skills to effectively manage the flow of stock.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Technical and IT skills, particularly when it comes to Google Business Suite.
- The ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- A flexible approach to work.
- Knowledge of the legal requirements of operating a warehouse.
- Competent driver with valid licence (advantageous)
- Physically able to undertake the various lifting and sorting tasks.
- Warehouse or Health & Safety qualifications (advantageous).
SUPPORT and TRAINING:
- Fire Marshal, First Aid training provided.
- On-the-job training and support as required.
- From time to time you will be asked to attend training to update skills or to comply with policy changes.
Please send your current C.V with covering letter (no more than one side of A4) outlining why you are suitable for the post to email@example.com